With their exceptionally sharp blades, impressive lightweightedness, robust motors, effortless maintenance, and no-gas-required operation, the most solid electric hedge trimmer models make the perfect equipment for pruning your garden shrubs and trees. The best corded hedge trimmer models give you the possibility to work in a buttery smooth, non-exhausting manner — without breaking a sweat or damaging the environment.
Another benefit is that corded hedge trimmers are the least expensive investment compared to their gas-powered counterparts. The decision to purchase a reliable electric hedge trimmer is a cakewalk to make. However, picking the right trimmer for your needs is a bit more challenging. In this post, I’m going to share some of the best corded electric hedge trimmer reviews and let you in on how to pick the best tool that’s going to fit you like a glove.
5 Best Corded Hedge Trimmers Reviewed: Pick the Right Model
- Greenworks 22-Inch 4 Amp Dual-Action Corded Hedge Trimmer 22122 – Runner-Up
- Earthwise CVPH41018 18-Inch 2.8-Amp Corded Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Handheld Hedge Trimmer – Best Value
- BLACK+DECKER Hedge Trimmer, Rotating Handle, Dual Blade Action Blades
- GARCARE Corded Pole Hedge Trimmer - 4.8A Electric Hedge Trimmer 2 in 1 Corded Hedge Clippers Electric Tree Trimmer Shears Included
- Greenworks 18-Inch 2.7 Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer 22102 – Top Pick
Planning to finally learn how to get a straight line when trimming the hedge? You’re going to need a solid electric hedge trimmer for that. Below, I’ve reviewed my five top-favorite corded hedge trimmers that boast a variety of useful characteristics and safety features. They’re all manufactured by trusted brands that create top-level products that are rated very high in performance and quality build. Keep reading to choose the best corded trimmer for you.
1. GreenWorks 22122 22-Inch 4-Amp Beast: You’ll Love It
If you’re on the prowl for a great-quality corded trimmer that will cut through your out-of-control bushes like a champ, this bad boy might be right up your street. Yes, this corded hedge trimmer is capable of cutting just about anything you will place in front of it, devastating any sort of overgrown vegetation on its way.
Looking for an affordable and life-changing trimming solution for your savage garden? Tame your bushes and hedges with this sharp beast like a pro, and you will be more than pleased with the results. Its compact and lightweight construction adds up to the ease and convenience of use. It’s going to cut through your hedges like butter leaving you with no hand fatigue at all. Definitely a great buy.
- Trims your garden like a pro;
- A breeze to handle and maintain;
- Featherweight and powerful;
- Comes with a solid warranty;
- Lots of bang for your buck.
- This super robust unit is a bit on the noisy side, but it’s only natural.
2. Earthwise CVPH41018 Corded Pole Hedge Trimmer
Are you on the hunt for a reliable and inexpensive corded pole hedge trimmer? This Earthwise baby might suit you like a glove. With its high-quality blades and fairly robust motor, this unit prunes and shapes like a pro.
Yes, it’s a bit on the heavier side compared to the previously discussed items, but it’s going to save you heaps of time and effort maintaining your vegetation and bushes all tidy.
At the end of the day, the Earthwise CVPH41018 is not the same as gas-powered models efficiency-wise. Therefore, the unit is not the best choice for a pro gardener. However, if you’re in search of a top-notch corded hedge trimmer for your brush and small tree trimming needs, this product might be exactly what you need. As a matter of fact, you can occasionally use this beast to cut thick stuff, too. Delve into its specs and feel free to make a purchase if tickles your fancy.
- 2 units in 1: hedge trimmer and pole hedge trimmer;
- Featherweight fiberglass pole;
- Great for light to medium trimming duties;
- Great value for the money.
- Short cord;
- The unit is not lightweight.
3. BLACK+DECKER HH2455 24-Inch 3.3-Amp Hedge Trimmer
Black & Decker does excel when it comes to yard tools, and this beautiful baby is no exception. Actually, the HH2455 model is among the best-selling hedge trimmers on the scene today. With its ergonomic design, robust motor, high performance, and cost-efficiency, this trimmer is going to rip through your bushes with ease and speed, saving you lots of precious time.
Also referred to as the HedgeHog, this trimmer is lightweight and very effective. Thanks to the rear handle that rotates in both directions, the unit is super convenient when it comes to vertical trimming. Any woman can use it for hours without getting tired at all. It slices and dices like butter, oh yeah! Definitely worth giving a try. Chances are it’s ultimately going to become one of your favorite yard tools.
- Top-level construction;
- No assembly required;
- Quiet and emission-free;
- Comes with a reliable two-year warranty;
- Affordable price tag.
- The thing is pretty long, which overall isn’t that big of a deal.
4. GARCARE 2 in 1 Pole Hedge Trimmers: Great Value
Zero in on this beautiful baby if you’re in need of a great, smooth-running portable hedge trimmer that provides impressive reach, high-precision cutting, and maximum trimming comfort. The tool’s powerful 4.8-amp allows you to effortlessly use it for some heavy-duty cutting.
With its telescoping aluminum pole and well-thought-out blade construction, this unit allows for reaching tall branches with ease. The extension is a huge help when you need to cut some really high branches or bushes. No need to use a ladder at all! Thanks to its dual-edge counter-rotating blade, you get to use both sides of the unit for light to medium vibration-proof sculpting and shaping.
The GARCARE manufacturer invariably puts customer satisfaction first, backing their products with a reliable12-month warranty. Overall, it’s a great, well-constructed multi-use piece of equipment for a DIY homeowner and a decent value for the money. It’s going to make your gardener’s life a lot easier.
- Easy to set up, as well as adjust height and cutting angle;
- Allows for precise cutting and longer reach;
- Convenient to operate;
- Excellent safety features;
- Attractive price.
- A bit on the heavy side when using the extension, but powerful and works great.
5. GreenWorks 22102 18-Inch 2.7-Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer:y Top Pick
No products found.
The GreenWorks 22102 is an excellent electric trimmer, which takes the leading position in my rating as the most affordable and effective solution. Even though it’s not the most powerful unit out there (neither can it flaunt the biggest cutting capacity), this smart honey is ideal for light to medium projects.
The fact that this model produces no emissions is among its major perks. Also, this item works quietly, which means you and your neighbors are gonna love it. On an additional plus side, this model features dual-action blades that make it vibration-resistant and, thus, prevent hand fatigue. And that also turns out an even cut when you use the thing.
Need a good corded electric hedge trimmer for occasional massive jungle-clearing projects? This little gem might be your best bet. Chances are you won’t break the thing when performing heavier jobs if you just take the thick bush limbs in little, short ‘bites’ with the little beast — and then hack them away just enough so you can snap them off by hand. Technique matters!
- Lightweight and easy to handle;
- Sturdy and reliable;
- No assembly needed;
- Moderately powerful: perfect for pruning shrubs and hedges of young trees;
- The price is more than reasonable.
- It’s not cordless, but if that’s what you’re looking for, then it’s good;
- Not the best choice for bigger projects.
Corded Hedge Trimmer Buyer’s Guide
Regularly-trimmed hedges enhance healthy growth, create a beautiful border for your garden, and even keeps burglars away. An outstanding hedge trimmer allows you to spend less time and effort when keeping your garden in great shape.
Tips on Choosing the Best Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
The most recently manufactured hedge trimmer models are lightweight, a breeze to operate, and super convenient. The size of your garden, the tool type, and the level of convenience should be considered when picking the right hedge trimmer. Below, I will dwell upon these factors in more detail.
Here are some of the most vital features to take into consideration before buying a hedge trimmer:
- Power Matters. Think about the types of hedges you’ll be working with if you want to opt for the right amount of power.
- The Price is Important. Corded hedge trimmers are the most inexpensive on the scene. Finding a decent model among them is more than possible.
- Blade Variations. Single-sided blades come with such benefits as safety and ease of operation, while double-sided blades are ideal for savvy gardeners.
- Heavy or Not? The more lightweight the tool is, the more convenient it is in use.
- Ease of Operation & Maintenance. Electric hedge trimmers are a cakewalk to operate.
- Functionality: Depends on Your Needs. For example, if you need a tool that will allow you to work in places at a certain distance from your house, you should consider cordless trimmers.
- Durability: Last but Not Least. You want a piece of equipment that will serve you for years to come, that’s a given.
Corded vs. Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The main difference between the two types of hedge trimmers is that a corded unit uses a never-fading source of power that allows you to work long hours without taking a single break. Furthermore, corded trimmers produce no emissions, making them absolutely environmentally-friendly. Also, corded models are usually more powerful compared to their battery-backed brothers. Now, when it comes to the drawbacks of the corded hedge trimmers, there are two of them. First, you have to work near a power outlet or use a long extension cord. Second, you can accidentally cut through the power cord.
Corded Hedge Trimmers: FAQ
Have questions left about these wonderful garden helpers? Look through my answers to some of your fellow-readers’ most frequently asked questions below. You can find some details you’re interested in there, too.
Which is better: corded or cordless hedge trimmer?
It depends on your exact needs. For instance, if you’re planning to trim bushes and trees away from your home, focus on the cordless items. While if you need reliable hedge trimmers for projects that require working for long periods of time, opt for a high-end corded baby.
How many amps does a hedge trimmer need?
The majority of corded hedge trimmers are somewhere between 2.5 and 5 amps. Gas-powered items are a lot more powerful than that, of course. But bear in mind that a solid-quality corded unit is going to be more than enough for most applications.
How to clean my corded hedge trimmer?
Cleaning your hedge trimmer blades is as easy as ABC. Just wipe the blades down with soapy water and a cloth after each application. When you’re through cleaning them, lubricant application is necessary.
Cutting (and Trimming) to the Chase
Now that you know a thing or two about some of the best hedge trimmers out there, as well as the most vital criteria to take into account when purchasing the unit for your needs, you are ready to make that long-anticipated purchase. Perhaps, you’ve already used hedge trimmers before? What’s your favorite model? Any thoughts on proper pruning techniques? Share your viewpoint on the topic in the comment section below. Your feedback is very important to me.
Last update on 2021-10-21. The post includes Affiliate links. Images from Amazon Product Advertising API