If you are looking for the best commercial push mower, you need to consider all the features that are offered on the market. Lawn mowers for commercial use are originally built to do all your hard work with ease. Unlike consumer mowers, commercial ones handle a whole day of work, and after the “night sleep” they can go on. These gardening tools are durable and more powerful.
While residential machines can barely handle several hours of work a few days a week, commercial mowers work on bigger territories and do it splendidly without the rest. Their cutting decks get along even with the highest speeds of the blade. Tall grass or short, tough or not, commercial push mowers cut through it in no time. However, to do this, you have to find the most appropriate tool for you. This is why you may need my instructions and detailed commercial push mower reviews.
7 Best Commercial Push Mowers
I have gathered my top-7 list of mowers for commercial use. It does not mean that you can’t use them as consumers at your house. They are powerful and durable enough to serve you for years. To find the one you really need, check out all the commercial walk behind mower reviews here.
1. Craftsman Engine – The Best Commercial Push Lawn Mower on Gas
This lawn mower is simple in use and incredibly compact, which makes it perfect for both big and small storages. It runs on gas and does not require much care. After you have done with the lawn, the tool contracts, and you can keep it in the shed, garage, and storage with limited space.
While the tool is not massive, trust me when I say it can handle pretty big areas with its powerful engine. As a pleasant bonus, there is an auto choke and primer. There are mulching, rear, and side discharge functions for the lawn. I advise you to use them, especially if you have trees you want to cover with mulch.
Craftsman is an American-based developer of prime tools for private and commercial use. They offer top products at affordable prices for nearly a century. This machine has an incredibly comfortable handle. It is ergonomic and not slippery at all. It may be nothing for half of an hour of work, but in several hours this feature will turn into a true gift.
Besides, you can adjust the height of the cut. Usually, I switch between several heights, depending on the grass I cut. There are 6 options, from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches. I recommend changing the height near the trees and close to the road.
- Six types of grass height;
- Powerful 149cc engine;
- 8 inches rear wheels;
- Auto choke;
- Ergonomic grip;
- Contracts by over 70 percent of full size;
- Well-known developer.
- Slightly more pricey than similar products.
2. Greenworks Electric Engine – The Best Commercial Walk Behind Mower
The mower has a 12 AMP motor inside and does not require gas for its work. It weighs 56 pounds, but you will not feel its weight thanks to the reliable four wheels that go through any grass. There is a 20 inches steel deck that makes the mower even more durable. The product can be considered as a 3 in 1 tool because of its mulching, rear bag, and side discharge features. This mower also has a height adjustment of the grass. It offers 7 levels of height. All you need to do is to push the ON button, and you will start cutting the grass.
Greenworks was founded in Seattle in 2017. This company produces battery-powered tools for the outdoors. This time it offers a tool that does not need any charge. Handles on the mower are foldable. I recommend folding it any time you are done with your work.
This way, you may keep it even in the limited space storage. Yet, I advise you to keep it somewhere far from moisture to extend the mower’s life. Front wheels are 7 inches, and rear wheels are 10 inches. Since this is a corded mower, you have to make sure that the cord is long enough to reach the electric outlet.
- Seven height options;
- Does not require any charge;
- Four powerful wheels;
- Foldable handles;
- Affordable price;
- Well-known developer.
- You may need to buy an extra-long cord to make sure you can move the tool everywhere.
3. Black+Decker Tool – The Best Professional Lawn Mower With Cord
The button that starts this engine is situated right under your hands, near the handle. This mower also offers bagging, mulching, and side discharge. In the middle of this machine, you will find the height adjustment controller. There are 6 settings.
The motor is 13 AMP, which allows the mower to cut even through the tough and tall grass. However, my friend had a terrible experience with it, trying to cut wood for unknown reasons. Don’t do this! The winged blade inside will quickly stick. There is a 20 inches mower deck for your convenience. The handle is foldable, so you can shrink the tool after you use it.
Black +Decker is an American-based developer of electric outdoor tools. It was founded in 1910. Since that time, the company has created millions of tools for your garden and house. They offer an electric mower without the need to charge it. Make sure the cord is long enough to move this tool around.
I also recommend cleaning the blade and wheels every time you finish the work. Don’t leave the grass inside. You will significantly extend its durability.
- Powerful engine;
- Six versatile height adjustments;
- Foldable handle;
- Simple to turn on and off;
- Well-known American developers;
- Affordable price.
- This is a corded tool, so you will have to rely on the electricity and length of the cord.
4. PowerSmart Tool – The Leader Among Professional Push Mowers on Gas
The mower works on gas, which is great news for everyone who doesn’t like to mess around with a cord or charge batteries. It has a 196 cc engine inside. Just pull it to start the mower’s work. The handle is comfortable as well. You may adjust it up to your preferences.
The mower is great for making a mulch. If you want to spread mulched leaves or grass on your lawn, you can do it in no time with the help of side discharge. This machine has only 5 height grass cutting positions, but you may still cut it to the size you like.
There are 11.5 inches rear wheels that help you to move the machine around your lawn. PowerSmart provides you with a 2 years limited warranty. This is a US-based company, and if something goes wrong, you can always call them. Yet, their tools are one of the most reliable, as far as I can tell.
- Rear wheels are 11.5 inches big;
- Cordless machine;
- Great for mulching;
- High-quality materials;
- Well-known developers;
- Two years warranty.
- There are only 5 height adjustment positions.
5. Makita Kit – Popular Choice Among Self Propelled Commercial Lawn Mowers
The kit includes all you need to start mowing the lawn in no time. There are 4 batteries of 18V LXT, and 2 come free of charge. The motor produces 3 300 RPM. But don’t worry, it works quietly, so you will not bother your neighbors if you decide to cut the grass in the morning.
To make sure you will not get in trouble, turn the quiet mode. There is a steel deck of commercial quality, mulching feature, and adjustments of cutting grass height. There is a Makita Extreme Protection Technology that protects tools from the inside so that it can work in tough conditions
Makita is a legendary tool developer. They produce power tools for the outdoors. It is a Japanese company that was founded in 1915. This mower they offer is cordless and durable. Its lithium-ion batteries keep energy a long time and charge faster than simple batteries.
There is a smart technology inside that is called Star Protection Computer Controls. It transfers signals from the battery to the machine itself, monitoring its condition, preventing overheating and overloading. I find it extremely useful. Yet, sometimes I forget to charge batteries in advance and have to wait before starting the work.
- The kit includes all the tools you may need;
- The engine is incredibly powerful;
- Quiet mode;
- The smart computer inside;
- Price is affordable;
- High quality.
- You have to spend some time charging batteries.
6. Lawn-Boy Mower – The Best Push Mower for Commercial Use
Self Propelled gas-powered lawn mower is ideal for a private consumer. It is not lightweight, but 66 pounds is still transportable, especially if you have four powerful wheels. I’ve tested these wheels on hilly areas, don’t worry, they are hard to break. The height of the grass is adjustable in 6 versatile positions, from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches. Keep in mind that there is a 21-inch width of the cut. There is an extended large bag that gathers the grass inside.
Lawn Boy is a well-known developer that produces power tools for the outdoors. The company was founded back in 1934. It grants you 3 years’ commitment. If anything happens with the mower, they will fix it for free. To be honest, I am not sure whether it is true, because I have never broken it.
But I suggest you call the company if anything happens. And be careful with the blade. Don’t put your fingers near it while the engine is still ON. There are safety measures on the mower, but I still believe there is no such thing as being too cautious. The Kohler XTX OHV engine is quite powerful.
- Four wheels that work on the hill;
- Engine is incredibly powerful;
- It is cordless;
- There are 6 height options;
- Extended bag for grass;
- Three years warranty.
- More expensive than similar products on the list.
7. Swisher Pro – The Best Commercial Lawn Equipment With 4 Speeds
The gear shift in this model is located right on the handle for better convenience. You don’t have to bend, to turn it on or off. There is a 12V start engine with a G6 cutting blade. This tool is also comfortable because of 4-speed options. I don’t recommend using the whole power at the very beginning. You may not need it. Even though I have some tough areas in my yard, I still use the medium speed to make sure nothing is left. The handlebar is also adjustable. There are all controls gathered in one place, under the handle.
According to Swisher developers, this machine cuts through the woods and grass of 1.5 inches in diameter. I have not measured the diameter of the grass I cut, but I believe that this statement is true. The engine of the mower is incredibly powerful. The blade is enclosed, but I still try to be careful around it to avoid accidents. Don’t leave this tool working after you’ve done the job. There is a reverse mode, by the way, which I find extremely helpful for tough places that I need to go back to. Swisher is a US-based company.
- Cutting height adjustment from 3 inches to 4.75 inches;
- Powerful engine;
- Sharp cutting blade;
- Protective guard and safety deflectors;
- American-based developer.
- It is more expensive than similar products on the list.
Commercial Push Mower Buyer’s Guide
I hope the reviews of commercial grade push lawn mowers I provided above will be helpful for you. But if you still are not sure of how to find the most suitable for you from the list, let’s talk more about the mowers. These particular tools can be used both for commercial and private purposes.
How to pick the best commercial push mower
Read all these push lawn mowers reviews. You quickly notice that there are different features you have to consider. Take a look at the main services that great commercial mowers provide:
- Engine power. It must be of high quality no matter what feeds it. If you are going for a corded tool, you need to make sure that the cord is long enough, and you can reach the entire territory. If it is gas-powered, make sure that the tank is big enough, and the machine does not consume all of it for the first several minutes. As for the battery-operated mowers, they must be lithium-ion and quick to charge.
- Blade width. I recommend you to pay attention to the mulching blade if you use mulch for the lawn. There must be an adjustable height of the grass. Besides, the blade must be sharp enough. Check out how much area you can cut at once.
- Ease of use. If you have problems with using the mower, you need to find another one. For better comfort, the handle can be ergonomic with a tight grip. Besides, it is better when all the buttons are near your hands, and you don’t have to bend, to turn the mower off.
- Durability. Pay attention to the guarantees that the company gives and the materials the mower is made of.
- Warranty. It must be at least 2-3 years. The company has to offer you free of charge fix if anything happens with the mower. Pay attention to their offers.
Advantages and disadvantages of push mower for commercial use
- Commercial mowers usually provide fast results of high quality;
- Commercial mowers serve much longer than simple ones. They were created more durable, with high-quality materials and a powerful engine;
- The main difference between commercial and simple mowers is in its power.
- Commercial mowers are more expensive than for personal use.
Durability Tips for your commercial push mower
To extend the life of your mower follows the next steps:
- Clean it after the use;
- Don’t leave it under the rain;
- Fold it after the use if it is foldable;
- Always check whether the battery is enough.
Commercial Push Mower FAQ
Here are several most popular questions I’ve found on the Internet. I provide my answers based on my experience with the mowers. I hope you find them helpful.
How often should I replace blades on commercial mower?
You don’t necessarily have to replace the blades if you feel that they are less sharpened. After 20-25 hours of use, you can simply sharpen them. On average, blades have a life of up to 200 hours of use. After that, you may replace them with a new one.
What kind of oil does a commercial push mower use?
It depends on the area you live in. You need to find out how to change the oil in advance. SAE 30- is the most common for small engines of warmer temperatures. SAE 10W-30 is for a versatile range of temperature, normally taken for the cold weather. SAE5W-30 is for multiple temperatures. SAE 5W-30 is for cold temperatures. Vanguard 15W-50 is for continuous use and varying temperatures outside. Modern mowers don’t use too much oil and cut emissions.
Can I use a commercial grade mower for residential use?
Residential mowers can’t be used in commercial goals. However, you can easily start the commercial push mower in your household. Yet, you have to consider the fact that the price for commercial mowers is higher than for residential. However, commercial mowers are made for a long period of use; they are more durable, more powerful.
The Perfect Push Mower Choice
I believe all seven commercial mowers can be your perfect tools. The choice is yours. Pick the one that you need the most, considering its peculiarities like the power, engine requirements, blades, handle. Find out whether the price is suitable for you and if the company developer offers a warranty.
If my reviews are not enough for you, check out the opinions of other buyers. If you have one of these tools, please, share your personal opinion about it in the comments below. Which mower do you prefer? Which is the feature you like the most?
Last update on 2021-10-21. The post includes Affiliate links. Images from Amazon Product Advertising API